Friday, February 13, 2009

um.... i hate valentine's day

is it just me, or is the definition of a heterosexual relationship really fundamentally mean "how much shit is a woman willing to put up with"...

yes, i'm bitter - but for fack's sakes - relationships suck.

and no, i'm not writing here - i'm just venting...

feel free to rant away about v-day too.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

being a recluse at the mo and avoiding most media, luckily I haven't had to deal w/ it. and i'm so over the mainstream idea of relationships/v-day celebrations. lol..hope you vent more.

AradhanaD said...

You know, i think it's just i go through major febraury blahs -- i just really hate this month. And then this fictitious marketing ploy just happens to land smack dab in the middle of it... farts...
ugh. I see you have your own blog now! hurrah!

:)

Donna said...

OMG! You're back! *HUGS*

My husband bought me one of those hearts with the chocolates this year for the first time and it only made me suspicious. But they were really good so then I didn't care and I hope he does it every year. lol

AradhanaD said...

oh i don't know... i'm sooo divided - but thanks for the nice message donna!

Kai said...

Your voice has been sorely missed in the bloggy realm, AradhanaD. Though of course I assume you're doing what you gotta do and that's as it should be. :-)

I've pretty much rejected all conventional constructions of romantic love my whole life. Yeah, easy to say for a dude. But I think those constructions are fundamentally misguided, from gender norms to the idea of "falling in" love (i.e. something passive) rather than *loving* as a verb and as a practice which we actively cultivate and refine. I've also pretty much always had great relationships and just ridiculous amounts of awesomeness and fun in my life, maybe just lucky, I dunno.

Anyway. Good to see you here, if only for a brief anti-cutesy-pink-hearts-day memo. Fuck v-day.

Peace.

AradhanaD said...

OMG - Kai - that is totally brilliant, loving as a verb vs. 'falling in love'. I have never thought of it that way. Incredibly smart.

Thanks for the kind words.
cheers all!

Richie said...

You've been back for months and I didn't know! Argh!

I really missed reading your stuff. Even if you aren't going to post regularly, I'm glad the blog's unlocked.

AradhanaD said...

Oh thanks! I will be writing more soon, promise!