Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Open call for submissions: "Leftist" Movie Reviews

It's really hard for me to keep track of who writes what, it seems everyday I want to add another 2-3 blogs to my blogroll.

I started "Leftist" movie reviews back in January, I would really like for it to be an aggregate of the best movie reviews in the blogosphere. The more contemporary the better!

I get a lot of hits here at LLL with the search terms "leftist movies", so I figure there are enough people interested in this.

If you have blogged about a movie and would like to see it cross-posted at LMR, please email me at aradhana4[AT]hotmail[DOT]com

If you send me your post via email, please include the HTML version of it with the url links/photos embedded in the post.

All critical opinions and perspectives are welcome at LMR. We appreciate 'non-english' film reviews too. You may write in any language of your choice. No Porn/erotica reviews please.

Thank you!
-AD

3 comments:

Red Jenny said...

ooh, cool. I love leftist movie reviews!

AradhanaD said...

feel free to send me something!

Anonymous said...

The Passion Of The Christ

Jesus Christ! No Passion!

I along with many Jews I was appalled and offending by this film not for religious reasons but for entertainment value only. All I can say is that Christ’s body wasn’t the only thing that dragged for two hours.

I was most disappointed when I unwillingly sacrificed my last Swedish fish into the fiery inferno, which is my stomach and was forced to resume watching the movie. At this point Jesus was being severely beaten with old timey objects and much to my surprise The Devil and Baby Face Finster were weaving their way through the crowd. I always new that Looney Toon was a bad seed but I had no idea he was The Devil’s right hand man.

In the midst of all the chaos and poor filmmaking I actually had a holy moment, a moment of clarity. Everybody Loves Raymond (the hit CBS sitcom) has never made sense to me, I never understood it’s humor or popularity and I often tried but during Jesus’ crucifixion things became clear. Christians have a crappy sense of humor. Whether Drew Carey is insulting his fat secretary or Christ is being nailed to a cross, the sincerity of The Christian’s emotion lacks wit and Passion.

I’m not sure what to do to fix this age-old mess but I’ve come up with one good idea and I’m sure it will be affective. Do not pay to see The Passion Of The Christ! It’s a waste of time that would be better spent watching 90210 reruns or actually thinking about what CHRIST means to you, me, and us.

God Bless You,

Eliza