I haven't posted in a while, nor have I had a chance to just post some tunes.... plus, I think Donna misses me ;)
So here are some tunes. The first is Broken social scene, with a song that is really awesome - and a video that I just discovered 5 minutes ago which is even better.
I really, really, really love the videos that Broken Social Scene puts out - such as fire eyed boy, I'm still your fag and cause = time (all available on youtube), because they all challenge rigid and traditional machismo. This video is especially interesting because nudity is often tied to 'women' or the 'feminine', especially when it comes to war time (ala the centerfold, rape of women, creation of pockets of third world R n R - rest and recreation). In this video you have a dude dancing in his undies while being a military combatant (and I swear I saw a dude on dude kissing scene in there!) - not prolific but the image itself challenges dominant notions of masculinity.
Check it out: Ibi Dreams of Pavement (A Better Day)
And of course interpol, because I just fucking love this song (take you on a cruise). To be honest their new album "Our Love to Admire" isn't really doing it for me. I've listened to it a good 5-6 times and I still can't say that any single one song is memorable. :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
heh heh.
Post a Comment