Thursday, March 08, 2007

Awesome vid...

I don't know anything about the band... but WOW.



via Jimmy H.

Edited to add (TY Sewere):
This band is really awesome - do check out their wiki entry (not endorsing wiki here!).
This is the band's website.
Their Myspace page (they have a 'blog').

On a related note - here are some cool maps at Zuky (via Nine Pearls).

2 comments:

Sewere said...

AD,

Long time lurker here and just felt I could give some back for all the great work you put up here. The Coup are from right here in Oakland and they are soul-positive truth-hitting ALL the time. Think the political messages of Dead Prez and Mos Def but with a flavor that is organically Oakland.

If you want, I can send you one of my favorite tracks from their Party Music album (the album cover generated some serious controversy, you can check out the information on wikipedia).

Peace.

AradhanaD said...

Hey sewere,

Thank you so much (wow - a lurker at LLL?). I am going to look them up!

I would love to have a track (I don't have an mp3 player yet...) but I can listen on my computer.
My email is in my profile a r a d h a n a 4 @ h o t

Thanks so much!