Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Wow, when blogging 'works'...

Hell yeah, I'm almost out of hiatus - and this is really giving me that push to get right out. kettikili at Pass The Roti, critiques the entry made by one Jonathan Allen, of the New York Times, who was promoting a very orientalist trip to India. Now, that's okay in itself... but... but... said writer, decides to take on the bloggers at Pass The Roti in his own defense.

Now, don't take my word - read it!!!

So, this reaffirms my suspicions that big brother is indeed watching you and willing to fight the anonymous bloggers of the internets about it, cool.

Tee hee...

Comments closed, because you can comment directly at PTR. TY.

Update: Okay, then - big brother IS watching... uhuh: So Bush quotes two anonymous bloggers to support his war??? Okay, now - I'm just in a state of shock. Is this where blogging is going to start determining US foreign policy?

Discuss! Comments now open.

3 comments:

La Otra said...

I couldn't believe Allen was on that PTR thread. That's why I didn't comment---I didn't want to talk to him. Besides my annoyance at his defensiveness, I didn't feel qualified to challenge him, as I've never visited India myself.

As for Bush, if what he's saying is even true, I assume the White House scoured the blogosphere trying to find Iraqi bloggers who support the war. Or maybe they told the bloggers what to write---who knows? Who can trust a thing Bush says?

AradhanaD said...

you know yolanda I was thinking the same thing about the 'bush' thing... they probably get their people at the white house to write stuff up - who knows. This is the internets, you can say anything really.

It's just hillarious though, when will we get to be called for public policy initiatives?

belledame222 said...

Journalists in general appear to be a rather touchy bunch. and yeah, they pop up wherever to defend their shit more often than you'd think...