Dear S,
So much more...than this...
fitter, healthier and more productive
a pig
in a cage
on antibiotics
Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning.
I'll take a quiet life
A handshake of carbon monoxide
No alarms and no surprises
No alarms and no surprises
No alarms and no surprises
Silent, silent
This is my final fit, my final bellyache
Love A
Tuesday, January 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
The Train Spotting video brought back some memories for me. I was working in a residential drugs rehab programme when it was released.
It was the most frequently viewed film out of the community library.
I hope no one thinks that I am trying to promote Irvine Welsh here - because of course the only solution he could find for lower-class men to succeed in life was to find them jobs 'pimping women' in his follow-up book to trainspotting, "Porno". Quite disappointing really.
I've also gotten a few messages to ask if "I'm alright" - sorry I didn't explain. I wrote this post for my dear friend S who's feeling the pressures & the weight of those around her who hope she also aspires to 'mediocrity' like them.
You know the ring, marriage, spirit-crushing psycho-babble, do the right thing, get a car, house, picket-fence BS.
So - thought I would send some reminders out her way to let her know why she hates those things too.
I also need those reminders sometimes too... :)
PS Sparkle - I think this 'song' is great. Thanks for sharing your experiences with that, songs/movies/books always find a way to place our lives in a certain time/context/period.
I don't remember the movie at all though (weird)
It can be quite wonderful (sometimes the opposite) really!
Yes, it was a funny one this. None of the residents ‘glorified’ the film though they did draw a feeling of being understood by the writer. In addition, many especially early on in their programme found the film triggering and upsetting - though it was still ‘compulsive’ viewing. Maybe gathering some sort of validation? Then the song “The drugs don’t work” came onto the scene - which played non-stop!
Yes, there are many different messages behind “choose life” Including all the ring, marriage blah blah...
LOL sparkle, yes it took me some time to find a version of this that didn't have an ending that said "I chose something else ... heroine"!
This was the non-expletive version :P
Trainspotting is where I first saw Ewan McGregor and learned the word "lager" (I think that's in the song where "Renton" dives in the toilet).
[AradhanaD, I've had confirmation that my email server is having issues; just to let you know.]
I love Radio Head. I recently Netflicked Radiohead: 7 Television Commercials (1995) - It wasn't TV commercials(that was just the name - weird), it was there videos. Definitely a must see for Radio Head fans.
--just surfin through, following links
I think despite how 'big' radiohead is/was - I honestly think they are underrated. They're my all purpose tonic for sure. Both lyrically and musically amazing.
I hope you find some friends in Florida soon!!! Either way, you'll always have radiohead for company :) and "Let down" might just remind you why friends aren't always necessary :P
Some words of wisdom (or just my totally pissy mood) from Thom Yorke:
"Don't get sentimental
It always ends up drivel"
Or randomly from some website supposedly quoting him:
"You will never make friends unless you like everyone genuinely. Oh well, I'm fucked then aren't I?"
Toodles.
The sentimental lines are my favorite as well. I used 'em in a blog post. ;)
I just watched a DVD you might like: Radiohead: OK Computer - Classic Album Under Review.
It was obviously made on the cheap, and I strongly disagree with some of the analysis, however, if you're a Radiohead fan it's a must-see. [Best revelation: they borrowed a hook from the Beatles' "Sexy Sadie".]
Hope your friend is doing alright.
LOL - good taste in lyrics Melinda! :P
I would've commented on that thread - but it's closed.
My friend is good! Life is a struggle - isn't it?
Thanks for your kind words, I will check out the dvd.
My very favorite 'rockumentarist' can be heardhere
I don't know if his three part radiohead special is up... But it was v.v. nice! Definitely worth a listen if you get a chance.
oooh yippers - it's a four part series and it can be found here.
Mind you he's quite focused on white male alt-rockers... Though he did do a two part series on the riot-girl movt once.
Dear Miniluv Supporter,
We have posted a new video at YouTube which tells the story behind our project.
Please visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOq5yHDkQgY
Thanks,
O'Brien (who likes Radiohead also!)
Damn it - I still haven't sent my copy in - Expect one next week - pronto.
Great video!!! :)
Post a Comment