Sunday, January 07, 2007

This post will be obliterated in less than 24 hours.

Decided against obliterating the entire post, the article is still worth reading.

Read Richard Leader's piece (link adonis mirror) on 'Kill your blog'... bit of truth to it, no? Not saying I'm killing my blog - just saying... get, get, get get over it!

From the article:

While the dynamics are complex, the definition is not: a blogroll is simply a long list of hyperlinks to other blogs, sometimes those that are similar in nature to one’s own and sometimes not. These lists form webs of association and are often created opportunistically, in that the goal is sometimes as much to win reciprocal links in the blogrolls of others (hopefully those more famous than one’s own) as it is for the more mundane reason for the blogroll’s existence: a way for the creator of a blog to conveniently keep tabs on the other blogs he or she reads; that is, a personalized centralization of utility.

Obviously - I don't agree with everything he says - but I would say - criticism of 'blogging allegiances' is warranted here.

No comments: