Thursday, February 15, 2007

Diary of Barbie's Worst Enemy

Richard alerted me to this the other day. The site has been hijacked by pornographers. I am guessing this similarly happens to most blogs that generate traffic.

If someone has the contact information for the woman that ran that blog, please contact her to let her know what happened. I believe her name was Susan Parry? I am guessing that someone amongst the UK feminists would know about this.

I really enjoyed her humour and interesting take on things. I am sure she would be disappointed by what has happened to her blog.

This is blogger's terms of service info.

This is blogger's help page.

Richard mentioned that her site was hosted by blogger.

I will read what/how we can contact blogger about this. If anyone wants to contact Ms. Parry in the meantime - pls. do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I emailed SLP (Sarah Louise Parry) and she already knew about the hijack. Beyond her control though as she'd deleted her blog.

Several of us have contacted blogger to report and complain about the content now up at her addy. So far, all we've received are generic responses promising to 'look into it'.

AradhanaD said...

Thanks witchy! I'm going to shoot them off an email too - maybe numbers will make a difference.

BiScUiTs said...

I just came across your post here while looking for that blog!
Some of the stuff that pops up on Blogger seems pretty dodgy, you would think they would want to do something about it as it makes them look bad. Someone I knew had a blog and decided to delete it and not long after their blog became a site for adverts for underwear haha. Not as a bad a porn I suppose but still, adverts aren't blogs, they're spam. I'm glad I'm not the only one to have noticed this!