Sunday, December 03, 2006

Belated recipe - Cold Remedy. Sure-fire guarantee.

So, I know I don't have much of a readership for my blog to 'warrant a regular feature', but it's fun, I must admit.

Cold and flu season is on it's way and might I offer you an infamous 'eastern'* antidote?

This is what my grandma made for me and damn it, it works on 'most' colds and coughs.

Kadha - Cough syrup: The BEST & CHEAPEST ever cough syrup (under $2.00 for a 2 week supply).

Equal amounts of fresh ginger juice (grate and strain ginger) and honey. Dash of black pepper.

Mix all ingredients, bring to a boil in the microwave (usually not more than 20 seconds usually). Store in the fridge for upto three weeks. Reheat before drinking each time. Be careful cause it get's hot fast!

Drink 1 tbsp, twice a day. Do not drink water/eat immediately before/after this syrup.

This is REALLY strong. Just like cough syrup this won't "Cure" you, but just soothe your throat.


Kadha Tea:

1 teabag (orange pekoe preferably)
1 inch long piece of grated ginger with juice
1 tbsp honey
dash blackpepper
2 cloves
dash of turmeric
1.5 cups of water
1-2 tbsp lemon juice

In a small pot, boil all ingredients together. Strain before drinking. Drink 3-4 times a day. For a stronger brew add more ginger and turmeric, boil off excess water.

This is excellent and really makes me feel much better.

*I jest.

No comments: