Friday, December 15, 2006

About this blog/Commenting Policy

donna darko:
I'm an Asian American feminist.

AradhanaD:
I'm a dork who likes to read and write, no one special, just another internet persona amongst zillions of others. I'm also someone who 'became' a leftist off the netz... no seriously. I spent three hours a day reading voraciously about things that I was too embarrassed to ask people of "superior intellect" about. So when you think about the audience you are trying to 'reach' with your writing, hey - knowing my own 'progression' I know it's possible to change someones mind.

I am not that well-read. I try my best to keep things simple. I talk the way I write, I hope that makes my blog accessible.

I consider myself a socialist anti-racist feminist. The framework that I try to view things in is from bell hooks idea of a 'white patriarchal capitalist supremacy'. However, as my interests often steer to third world issues, I realize that even this framework can be limiting as the people of non-euro-white countries face oppression not just from 'white supremacy' but global imperialism AND class oppression/religious oppression in their homelands. I am both fictitious and factual... I.e. Sometimes I am an e-character, sometimes I am myself... I may or may not exist just like most internet personas...

If you plan to use any of the content from this blog for your own work (paper publications or net) please cite me accordingly. Thanks!

I reserve the right to delete/not publish comments at will, hey - truth be told maybe i just don't like you - I don't really care. I blog here for me, not for anyone else and I'm not really blogging for an online virtual community either, so if your comment isn't published - sorry, too bad. [I am not speaking about posts written by my co-bloggers].

In addition, I'm 'borrowing' these fabulous examples of comment policies (yes, I'm not clever enough to come up with them and I'm lazy) - check them out:

The Primary Contradiction
Crimitism

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a white, baby-boom era male(with all the inherent privileges), living below the poverty line, I, too, am pleased to get an inquisitive look when I call myself a socialist anti-racist feminist. I need to remain teachable in all three areas, and more, and I appreciate your candor.

AradhanaD said...

From what I have read of you - you are definitely a very cool person in my books!

I appreciate your honesty and genuine heartfelt writing Kenn!

Richie said...

I'm honoured :)

AradhanaD said...

phew! your policy is awesome - thanks Richie!

Richie said...

Pleasure's mine. Thanks for blogrolling me, too.